What's the Myths and Folklore Wiki?
Myths and Folklore Wiki is a website for cataloging, studying, and celebrating the various mythological and folkloric traditions that have existed throughout humanity. Our goal is to create a website that serves as an open, easy access, and scholarly resource in the study of Mythology and folklore. We plan to fulfill this goal by creating accessible, easy to understand articles on both mythology and folklore that are accurate and credibly sourced. All contributions to the Myths and Folklore Wiki are considered to be released under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Like with other wikis in the Fandom family, anyone registered to the Myths and Folklore Wiki can edit these pages. We encourage our users to freely create and edit as many pages as they want, as long as those pages are both directly related to the study of myths, and filled with information that's both accurate and backed up by a credible reference source.
In the study of myths and folklore there can also be differing opinions without a clear answer. In these cases we encourage all parties involved to have a high level of maturity and good faith towards finding an appropriate solution. Please remember to collaborate with others, be friendly, discuss differences of opinion, and be mindful of the work others have done on this project before you got here.
If someone's work isn't accurate, please politely let them know why it's inaccurate so they can understand why their work needs to be changed. Use reference sources so people are not left to take your word for it. The goal of this website is to always best represent the scholarly consensus, and not one's own pet theories.
For First-Time Editors
If you're new to this website, please visit Help:Contents on the main Wikia site. It will have you editing in no time!
After that, please consider feeling your way around, learning how to edit by hitting the "edit" tab. When learning how to use the website, please do not write "test" and then hit the "save page" button. Doing that fills pages unnecessarily with the word "test" and will be considered an act of vandalism. Vandalism on this site is strictly forbidden and may lead to disciplinary action by the administrators.
Once you begin to get the hang of things, you'll be tempted to make a dozen edits within your first hour or two here. That's GREAT! But please remember that quality, in depth edits are much more valuable than lots of small, trivial edits. Also, please don't become possessive of your edits. Be aware that others will soon build on your good work and expand articles you create. That's the nature of Wikis!
Lastly, don't be afraid to contact Administrators or other users for assistance. We're here to help!
-Myths and Folklore Wiki
Humble Beginnings (2006-2010)
- On February 14, 2006, Morningstar2651 founded Myths and Folklore Wiki.
- On April 16, 2006, Sannse's "mermaid" Monobook logo is adopted.
- On April 30, 2008, Notmyhandle becomes an administrator.
- On May 23, 2009, Qui-Gon Reborn becomes an administrator.
- On April 29, 2010, Mengxia attempts to take leadership and improve the conditions on the wiki.
The New Era (2011-2019)
- On December 29, 2011, ISodium and Mrwhoman officially adopt the wiki. The wiki is revamped with a new look, style, and approach.
- On January 4, 2012, MakeShift's "hydra" Monobook logo is adopted, replacing Sannse's "mermaid" logo.
- On January 25, 2012, ISodium modifies MakeShift's "hydra" logo for the Wikia (Oasis) skin.
- On April 4, 2012, a completely original logo made for the Wikia (Oasis) and Monobook skin by Fandyllic is added to replace the "hydra" logo.
- On May 20, 2012, ISodium launches the official YouTube channel for the wiki.
- On June 3, 2012, ISodium launches the official Twitter account for the wiki.
- On August 7, 2012, Smallvilleantonio becomes an administrator.
- On September 14, 2013, Happychickenvermin becomes an administrator.
- On February 4, 2014, Unregistered users blocked from editing
The 2020's Era (2020-Present)
- On August of 2020, Korone Inugami, KRJones87, and SJB1995 are added as both administrators and bureaucrats.
- On February 17, 2021, Mythology Wiki has been renamed to Myths and Folklore Wiki.
- 2021, Sphinx logo adopted